Suffolk Sweeps are dedicated to offering a professional but friendly approach to keep your fuel burning efficiently and your home safe.
As a member of the National Association of Chimney Sweeps, we are bound by their strict code of practice, current regulations and approved sweeping methods. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on giving you value for money and peace of mind.
Chimneys need a regular clean to keep them safe and burning efficiently. We do this in a clean and efficient way using both the Modern Power Sweeping Method but also the more traditional Rod and Brush method.
Our services include:
- Sweeping of all flues for appliances that use solid fuel, wood, oil or
gas (if designed for sweeping). These include:
- Open fires (including Ingle nook)
- Wood burners / multi fuel stoves
- Agas / Rayburns
- Boilers (oil / solidfuel) / Parkrays
- Birds Nest Removal
- NACS certificate (for insurance purposes)
- General advice concerning your flue, pot and all things connected
|£50 (Takes 45-60 mins)
|Birds nest removal
|£50 for the 1st hour and £25 per half hour after
*Discount for multiple chimneys in the same property
**All quotes are subject to change upon inspection
We operate in a 20 mile radius of Long Melford covering much of Suffolk and Essex including Sudbury, Bury St. Edmunds, Hadleigh, Haverhill, Halstead, Braintree and Colchester.
- Why do I need my chimney swept?
There are many benefits to maintaining your flue, but these are the three main reasons:
- Fuel Efficiency: In order for your appliance to work the way it was designed there needs to there needs to be sufficient air flow into it and up the flue to vent gasses. A build-up of soot in a flue liner will compromise the material and shorten the life of your flue.
- Chimney fire: A build-up of soot and creosote in your flue can lead to a fire which can be spread through the roof and destroy a home.
- CO poisoning: Carbon Monoxide is an invisible, odourless and tasteless gas which given improper ventilation can quickly build up in a property and kill.
- How do I know when my chimney needs cleaning?
Depends on the fuel you are using:
- Coal - twice per year
- Wood - Every quarter when in use
- Smokeless – once per year
- Gas – once per year
- Oil – once per year
This is a general guide, depending on your use of the appliance and the quality of your fuel you may need to do it more or less often but you should always have it swept at least once per year. If you have any soot falling down the chimney, can see any visible tar on the chimney walls or there is any smoke coming back into the room then it is always best to ask our expert advice.
- What needs to be done for when the chimney sweep is coming?
When you ring up for an appointment you will be advised of how to prepare for your specific appliance. Having said that, it needs to be cold, free of embers and ash (as this will slow the process down as it has to be cleared before the sweep can begin). The chimney sweep will need space to work free of hearth furniture and any precious things on or around the mantle.
If you have any questions or queries at all please don’t hesitate to ask. Being part of NACS we have a vast pool of knowledge at our disposal. So if for any reason we don’t know we can definitely find out.